Assuming this guy just didn’t leap into the Canadian Rockies and “wing” it, I did some very sharp investigative research on this “Bear Grylls” (namely I "Googled" him). Here’s the short bio:
- at age 23 he became the youngest Brit to summit Everest
- he has circumnavigated the UK…on a jet ski
- he crossed the North Atlantic in an inflatable
- he has hosted a dinner party…under a hot air balloon at 24,500 feet
- he completed the French Foreign Legion’s gruelling basic training
- he has flown over Everest (29,500 feet) on a paramotor.
The last one is interesting as a paramotor (to my knowledge), needs both atmosphere and oxygen to function…neither of which would be in abundance over Mt. Everest. ALL of these are just dumbfounding knowing that he did them AFTER snapping his back in three places during a stint with the British Special Forces.
The show has become an invaluable resource to guys like me. Should I ever be stranded on my driveway or without quick access to a "Starbucks" , I know I’ll be able to work within my environment, taking full advantage of nature's tools and resources to find my way to the neighbour’s…or build a small fire to signal where help can arrive…with the coffee.