The numbers on Facebook...from 3 Wins Consulting:
A quick “one-pager” released by iStrategyLabs shows some seemingly innocuous statistics about the proliferation of Facebook in the United States. Before we tear into the math, let’s set a couple benchmarks (US Census Bureau) to establish some perspective:
- there are about 307 million people in the US.
- 49% are male (approx. 151 million).
- 51% are female (approx. 156 million).
Now, here’s the math on Facebook over the last six months:
- January 4, 2009 there were 42 million Facebook users in the US.
- July 4, 2009 there were 72 million Facebook users in the US.
- An increase of 30 million users in 6 months.
- This means every day…165,000 people signed up…about 40 people every hour.
According to the numbers shown, 20% of Americans are....
Click HERE to see the rest of the story.